Altarena Playhouse, an award-winning and established theater company based in Alameda, CA, seeks an Artistic Director to continue our tradition of excellence and to further develop the theater’s programs. Our inclusive and welcoming atmosphere makes Altarena a great place to go for patrons and a great place to work for artists.
As directed by the board of directors, and in fulfillment of the mission statement of the organization, the Artistic Director is responsible for leading the creative activities of the theater.
Included in the Artistic Director role are the following duties:
- Develops, implements, supervises, and evaluates all artistic programs
- Manages all production aspects
- Oversees all artistic and technical staff
- Participates in community and sponsor outreach
- Creates and adheres to annual production budget; provides oversight to all artistic contractors with budgets and purchasing responsibilities
- Attends all important theater functions, including opening nights, talkbacks, key rehearsals, fundraisers and donor events
- Meets regularly with board president, general manager, and board of directors
- At least 2 years experience in non-profit theater management
- Proven leadership skills
- Skills in collaboration, team-building, and diplomacy
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to develop and work within a budget
Compensation is commensurate with experience. This is a part-time position. Benefits are not included.
Please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is February 15, 2019.