Altarena, an award-winning and established theater company based in Alameda, CA, is seeking a new Marketing Manager to continue our tradition of excellence and to further develop the theater’s programs. Our inclusive and welcoming atmosphere makes Altarena a great place to go for patrons and a great place to work for artists.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for ensuring the great work of Altarena Playhouse is communicated fully to the press and public. This is completed by coordinating all printed and electronic marketing material, including press kits, social media, website management and email marketing.
Specifically the Marketing Manager’s duties include:
- Coordinating the printing of all show collateral as well as other events as needed.
- Developing the social media strategy for Twitter and Facebook including creating all posts to each platform and the maintenance of Altarena’s Flickr account.
- Developing the email and social media marketing schedule including the writing of all email content and creation of all emails utilizing the MailChimp platform.
- Working with the theater’s photographer, artistic director and show staff to coordinate the publicity and production photo shoots as well as coordination of final photo selection process. The Marketing Manager is also responsible for forwarding any invoices to the Treasurer for payment.
- Creating of all electronic press kits for each show as well as special events and/or announcements, including the writing of press releases.
- Managing Altarena WordPress website including updating of pages, backing up site and maintaining all plug-ins as well as offer suggestions for continual improvement.
- Coordinating the Ad Exchange program with other local theaters, restaurants, etc. for each show’s program.
- Providing show scripts to the ASL-Interpreter as well as forwarding any invoices to the Treasurer for payment.
- Creating pre-show videos which include show announcements, season and show sponsor information and other messages as needed.
- Monitoring of Publicity and Marketing email aliases and maintaining a positive demeanor for all requests from press, potential partners and the general public.
- Other duties may be added as needed.
- Proven project management skills
- Skills in website management and email marketing
- Strong communication skills including strong writing skills
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a part-time position.
Application deadline is September 22, 2017
Interested candidates should email a detailed cover letter explaining their interest in the position, along with a resume, the names of three references and writing sample to email@example.com. No phone calls please.